in Salt Lake City, UT
Skin resurfacing is a laser treatment technique that rejuvenates the skin’s appearance by exfoliating damaged or aged skin and allowing healthy new skin to grow in its place. Envision Cosmetic Surgery offers a number of skin resurfacing treatments, helping patients in Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas of Utah achieve their cosmetic goals.
What is Skin Resurfacing?
Skin resurfacing, or laser skin resurfacing, is a skin rejuvenation technique that works by exfoliating the outermost layers of skin, which often include the skin cells responsible for creating an aged or otherwise imperfect appearance. Skin resurfacing treatments have two main benefits; first, they exfoliate damaged skin to improve skin tone and texture. Second, they stimulate collagen production in the body. As more collagen is created, the body will use it to rejuvenate the skin, a benefit that you will notice in the form of tighter, firmer and more voluminous skin. At Envision Cosmetic Surgery, we offer the following skin resurfacing treatments:
- Microplasma - The microplasma approach uses radiofrequency energy to both exfoliate and heats the skin. This process removes damaged skin while supporting the growth of new, healthy and youthful skin cells.
- ClearLift - The ClearLift skin resurfacing treatment is a gentler skin resurfacing procedure, offering a virtually painless treatment with no downtime. It is ideal for sensitive areas and safe for all skin types.
- iPixel ERBIUM - The iPixel ERBIUM skin resurfacing device is a more powerful treatment than the treatments above. This means that it can significantly rejuvenate the appearance, but that does come at the cost of a more uncomfortable treatment and recovery period. It is most often used on the face, but it can be used on other areas of the body as well.
What are the Benefits of Skin Resurfacing?
Skin resurfacing is a versatile treatment technique that can help patients achieve beautiful, youthful and healthy skin. By offering a variety of skin resurfacing systems, patients of all skin types and skin concerns can find an effective treatment at Envision Cosmetic Surgery. Some of the most commonly treated skin concerns include:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Age spots, sun damage and hyperpigmentation
- Uneven skin tone or texture
- Enlarged pores
- Scars, acne scars and stretch marks
- Rosacea or vascular lesions
- And more
How Much Does Skin Resurfacing Cost?
The cost of your skin resurfacing treatment will depend on the area of the body being treated, the number of treatments necessary to produce your desired results and the type of skin resurfacing treatment performed. The treatments can range from about $350 to about $1050 per treatment, depending on the laser system and treatment area. We will discuss the exact cost of your treatment during your initial consultation. In an effort to make our treatments more affordable, we are proud to offer a variety of financing options.
What Can I Expect During My Skin Resurfacing Treatment?
Your treatment experience can vary depending on the skin resurfacing system used, as this will determine the length of your treatment as well as the anesthetic techniques used. Gentler treatments like the ClearLift will require no anesthetics and a fairly brief treatment, while the iPixel ERBIUM will require numbing and a longer treatment session. In any case, we’ll inform you of everything you need to do to prepare for your treatment during your initial consultation.
What Can I Expect After My Skin Resurfacing Treatment?
The side effects from your skin resurfacing treatment will vary depending on the exact treatment received. The ClearLift procedure has no downtime, and you will experience only minor and temporary side effects. The iPixel ERBIUM treatment, however, may require as much as one week of downtime and will cause more significant side effects. In any case, the results from your skin resurfacing treatment will improve as your skin heals and as collagen is produced and implemented into the skin. Keep in mind that most patients will require multiple treatment sessions to achieve optimal results.
To learn more about skin resurfacing treatments at Envision Cosmetic Surgery, contact us today to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Dunkley. We are proud to offer these services to the men and women living in Salt Lake City, Utah as well as those living in the nearby areas of Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado.