Cellulite, Cellulite…We Have The Answer!
- Posted on: Jan 15 2016
Cellulite: It appears on buttocks and thighs as “orange-peel” dimples. And although it’s name sounds like a serious medical condition, it is merely a cosmetic condition and is not physically harmful. Cellulite affects approximately 85% of women at some point during their lives. The frustrating thing is, it affects women who are otherwise slender and fit.
Consider these interesting cellulite factoids:
- Cellulite gets worse with age; hormones seem to play a role in its appearance. As you age your body produces less estrogen which can mean poorer circulation, a decrease in new collagen production and the breakdown of older connective tissue.
- It’s true that cellulite runs in families. If your mother and grandmother had cellulite, you have a better chance of developing it.
- Regular exercise, both aerobic and strength training, cannot cure cellulite but in many cases can help prevent or reduce its appearance.
- Cellulite is not caused by toxins in your body. It is nothing more than normal fat beneath your skin. The fat looks lumpy and bumpy because it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker.
- Having cellulite doesn’t mean you are overweight. But if you are overweight, losing weight may reduce cellulite.
Consider these factors that may influence how much cellulite you have:
- Total body fat
- Lack of physical activity
- Hormonal changes
- Skin thickness and color
- Poor diet and/or slow metabolism
Dr. Dunkley uses a treatment known as VaserSmooth to treat his patients with cellulite. Unlike liposuction, VaserSmooth is non-invasive and does not require fat removal. The dimple-causing fibers are marked, an ultrasound probe is placed against them and the VaserSmooth energy is applied. A VaserSmooth treatment applies less force, reducing risk of nerve damage. It improves the contour of the treated areas and recovery is much quicker.
If you have tried exercise, dieting and even one of those highly advertised cellulite creams but have not seen the results you desire, call us to learn more about a VaserSmooth treatment: (801) 268-2650.
Posted in: Body Contouring