Tummy Tuck Prep – The 411
- Posted on: Dec 15 2015
Contemplating a tummy tuck? If so, your decision is an important one. If you are a new mom or a grand-mom, your desire for a more youthful look is a worthy goal.
An abdominoplasty can tighten your abdominal area and remove excess tummy skin.
If you have had abdominal surgery before, including a c-section, you understand how the recovery process evolves.
A tummy tuck is major surgery and a full recovery may take months. That does not mean that you can’t leave your house or resume your normal activities, but you may be surprised at your limitations. Driving is not encouraged for one to two weeks. So, it is important to be prepared before surgery to ensure that your recovery is optimum.
Consider these suggestions prior to and following your tummy tuck procedure:
- Tidy your home before surgery and try to arrange for someone to help you keep it clean when you return. It is important to avoid the chance of post-surgery infections and also important that you do not over do it.
- Shop…stock up on food…prepare frozen meals…remember that you will need to eat well following surgery and having something already prepared will take the “what shall we eat” pressure off of you.
- If you have small children, arrange for child care, if possible.
- Stay hydrated. Water is essential to the healing process.
- Don’t be shy about asking for help when you need it…and don’t neglect your mental health.
- Take your earned vacation days, rest, read, listen to music – take care of yourself.
- Take advantage of spending time in your PJ’s or sweats. You will be able to show off your new look soon enough.
- Tummy tuck patients can usually resume normal activity after about four weeks. You will be advised you when you can resume your usual exercise regimen and which exercises are appropriate.
Tummy tuck surgery can be a life-changing decision.
Call Envision Cosmetic Surgery, today, to book a consultation appointment with Dr. Dunkley: (801) 268-2650.
Posted in: Tummy Tuck