Recovering From Your Brazilian Butt Lift
- Posted on: Oct 30 2015
If you’ve decided it’s time to beautify your backside with a Brazilian Butt Lift, there are a few things you need to know about your recovery. Because each patient is unique, each lift procedure will have specific steps and stages which will ensure a healthy recovery with optimum results.
Here are some general tips to help ensure a great recovery:
- Like all surgeries, the most challenging recovery time is the first two weeks following your butt lift surgery.
- Following surgery, you will be asked to avoid prolonged sitting for about two weeks, maybe longer. This step is very important because prolonged sitting will damage the transferred fat.
- When you sit, you will use a pillow or cushion placed behind your legs to help raise your buttock and avoid pressure on the fat grafts.
- You will also be encouraged to sleep on your side or face down.
- You will be provided with a support garment for the purpose of applying even compression to the areas that were treated with liposuction.Small, temporary drains may be placed beneath the skin in your incisions to remove any excess blood or fluid.
- Dunkley will give you specific instructions on how to care for the surgical sites and drains, topical and oral medications, specific things to look for at the surgical sites and how you feel, generally, and when to make a follow-up appointment.
- Your surgical incisions will be very small but should not be subjected to excessive force or motion while you are healing.
- You should be able to return to work in three weeks and resume exercise in six to eight weeks.
- It may take several months for the swelling to completely resolve. As it does, your new contours and enhanced self-image will be evident.
Don’t hesitate to ask Dr. Dunkley any questions you may have about what you can expect during your individual recovery period. Following Dr. Dunkley’s instructions is key to the successful outcome of your butt lift surgery.
If you would like to learn more about a Brazilian Butt Lift and its recovery, call and book an obligation-free consultation appointment, today: (801) 268-2650.
Posted in: Brazilian Butt Lift