Men’s Healthy Aging – June Is The Month To Celebrate
- Posted on: Jun 30 2016
Blah! Aging! Definitely a downer. Its little wonder the anti-aging industry is growing by leaps and bounds…and research indicates it’s only going to grow bigger. This seems to be due, in large part, to the baby boomers – but also to the increasing interest of aging men in looking younger. The number of men requesting Botox injections, visiting hair salons, and choosing cosmetic surgery is growing each year. Here are a few simple things men can do to keep Father Time on the back burner:
Stay healthy. There are lifestyle choices that promote wellness.
- Get some sleep. Getting enough sleep is important for how you look; most adults need seven to nine hours of sleep every night. A lack of sleep can result in bags under your eyes that make you appear older.
- Keep moving. A daily exercise regimen will help you maintain body tone, balance and flexibility – three important considerations as you age. Aerobic exercise is good for your heart and also for your brain. Men who are trim and fit look and feel younger than those who are flabby. Extra pounds can add extra years.
- Eat to live. Eating a Mediterranean-type diet, which includes fish, chicken, fruits, and vegetables with a moderate amount of carbs, will keep you healthy, young and fit.
- Absolutely stop smoking. Smoking creates fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth and eyes. It also dulls your skin, stains your teeth, and can cause health problems that will rapidly age you.
Follow the basics of skin care. People notice your skin. They do. It’s actually one of the first things they notice about you.
- Shun the sun. If you plan to be in the sun, wear sunscreen. Over-exposure to the sun is cumulative, and can cause wrinkles and age spots that will definitely give away your age.
- Clean and cream. Using a gentle cleanser and a rich moisturizer every day will help you look younger. Why? Because dryness exaggerates the signs of aging.
- Drink water, not soda. Six to eight cups of water a day is recommended…this will give your skin a firmer tone and a more youthful appearance.
Men…of any age…call, today, to schedule an appointment and learn more about the many anti-aging treatment options we offer at Envision: (801) 268-2650.